The Great Smoky Mountain National Park
Our quilt studio is located in Knoxville, Tennessee in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Visitors from all over the world come to enjoy our beautiful mountains and the people that make the region so special. At the base of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park lies the city of Pigeon Forge, home to our own legendary, Dolly Parton and Dollywood!
Smoky Mountain Quilt Studio & Fabrics
(inside Goodwood Furniture) 865-591-3757
8843 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, Tn 37923
Open Fridays only from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Local East Tennessee Quilt Shops:
If you are interested in visiting some of local quilt stores while in the area, we strongly recommend the following;
1. Holloway’s Quilts, 3892 Cosby Hwy, Cosby, Tennessee 37722, (423) 487-3866 www.hollowaysquilts.com —- Ask for Maria ! A short 30 minute drive east on I-40, and another 20 minutes on Hwy. 321 brings you to a charming 1800′s log cabin quilt shop.
2. The Cherry Pit, 115 Bruce Street, Sevierville, Tennessee 37862, (865) 453-4062 www.quiltingatthecherrypit.com — Ask for Jane ! Sevierville is only 45 minutes south of Knoxville and visiting The Cherry Pit is a must-do ! Featured in Better Homes & Garden 2005 Shop Hop issue, it is a beautiful shop in beatiful historic downtown Sevierville, just steps away from the old courthouse with Dolly Parton’s statue out front!
3. Midsouth Sewing, 7240 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, Tennessee 37919 (865) 249-6381 www.mbsewing.com —- Ask for Rascal !
4. Tennessee Quilts, 114 Boone Street, Jonesborough, Tn, 37659 (423)753-6644 www.tennesseequilts.com —- Ask for Linda ! For a beautiful drive, consider traveling to historic Jonesborough off I-81 north to visit Tennessee Quilts. The oldest town in Tennessee with much charm, it is only an hour and a half from northeast of Knoxville. It is also the only Judy Neimeyer (Quiltworx, Inc.) Certified Shop in the area and you will absolutely love their fabrics and quilts!
Local Area attractions:
5. At www.mypigeonforge.com/events/quiltfest/ you will find your one-in-all resource for information on all things Pigeon Forge including our area’s largest quilt show held annually every March in this mountain city outside the Smoky Mountain National Park. Make plans to attend next year’s exciting event!
6. And if you are visiting the area, a day-trip to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge is a have-to! Go to www.dollywood.com for more information and ticket prices.
Also, forget to stop and take pictures of area barns and their beautifully painted quilt blocks. Enjoy your visit in East Tennessee!